The BA program at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is usually composed of two subjects. These may be two subjects offered at the Faculty or one Faculty subject and one non-Faculty subject (see bottom of the page, Ausserfakultäre Master Studienfächer).
Each of the subjects is worth 75 credit points. An additional 30 credits must be earned in the so-called free electives, in which students take individually selectable courses to deepen their fields of study, to gain insights into other fields of study, or to acquire language skills.
As an alternative to a Bachelor's degree with two fields of study, students can take the Bachelor's Degree Program in Eastern European Studies at the department for 150 credit points. This is offered by the Slavic Department together with the Chair of Eastern European History of the Department of History and also includes a free elective (30 credit points).
Further information regarding admission and registration can be found here.
The following information on the BA subjects is taken from the faculty website and is only available in German. The links to the respective seminars or departments can be found here.
Documents and Guidelines
Dokumente & Merkblätter zum Bachelorstudium
- Bachelorordnung (ab HS 2019)
- Anmeldeformular Bachelorprüfung Studienfach*
- Anmeldeformular Bachelorprüfung Studiengang*
- Merkblatt Anmeldung Bachelorprüfung (ab HS 2020)
- Merkblatt Ablauf Bachelorprüfung (ab HS 2020)
- Antrag Bachelorabschluss / Antrag auf Übertritt Masterstudium Phil.-Hist. Fakultät (PDF, 179.74 KB)
- Merkblatt Bachelorabschluss
- Merkblatt Bachelorabschluss Sport mit Zweitfach Phil.-Hist.
- Merkblatt zum ausseruniversitären Zweitfach im Bachelorstudium
University of Basel
Student Administration of the Faculty Humanities and Social Sciences
Revision Bachelor Framework (since HS 2019)
In the fall semester 2019, the Bachelor's and Master's Programs at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences were newly regulated. The new framework regulations apply to all students as of the fall semester 2019, and those who were previously enrolled have also been transferred. The details of the changes and the consequences for your studies are listed in the information letter on the revision of the Bachelor framework regulations (in German).